It is nice to have time to sit down and write about the adventures of finding a planner. In my previous post, I explained that I was looking for a 2016 planner. After reading various reviews and browsing several planners, it was the golden dots of a Kate Spade planner that caught my eye.
I purchased the 2016 17-month medium Kate Spade agenda with gold dots in January. It was discounted in their online store since the previous 5 months from 2015 were no longer needed. When it arrived a few days after purchase, it was in a small brown box wrapped nicely with stylish tissue paper.
After having a few months to use the Kate Spade planner, there are several features I enjoy about the planner and layout:
- Pocket and notes section – There is a double sided pocket at the beginning of the planner, which is great when I have a loose receipt that I need to tuck somewhere for safe keeping. It is followed by a notes section. This area is nice to write down my goals and other reminders.
- Full monthly view – The month view is just large enough to place reminder stickers on the day.
- Full horizontal weekly views – The month view is followed by horizontal weekly that gives plenty of space to write down reminders and other notes for each day.
There are a few things that come as a disadvantage depending on what you are looking for in a planner:
- Overall size, 7.75″ x 5.5″, is convenient, and it is very easy to transport; however, it can be a challenge to write detailed notes in the monthly view.
- Style and font – The style and font is beautiful, but someone may find it a little light and small to read.
It is easy to work with the pros and cons by using various planner stickers. There are two sets that have been useful when planning weekly and monthly activities. The Erin Condren line and Happy Planner™ line are both nice. Their sticker packets work well with the Kate Spade planner.
Erin Condren line:
- Do-it-all dots – These are helpful in the monthly view to remind me to review the weekly view reminders. They fit perfectly and have helped me remember important events.
- Always a Reason & Season to Celebrate: Monthly Collection – The monthly sticker book is wonderful because the EC team has curated several stickers for each month. All you have to do is peel and stick to decorate a monthly view or weekly view. While normally used in the EC LifePlanner, they do wonders in other planners to add a little color and organization.
- snap-in StylizedSticky™ notes – Her sticky notes are stylish and fit perfectly in the Kate Spade weekly view. They are great to make a goal list or organize bills and to-dos.
Me & My Big Ideas – Happy Planner™ line:
- Get it Done Sticker Pack – This 6 sheet sticker pack is filled with motivational quotes. They are great to add to any planner and reminds me that everyday can be great though it may not start that way.
- To Do, Gold Foil Sticker Pack – This 5 sheet sticker pack has various gold foil reminders that blend well with my Kate Spade planner and add a little flair while keeping up with important dates.
- Don’t Forget Sticker Pack – This 6 sheet sticker pack is similar to the gold pack; however, it has various colorful ‘Don’t Forget’ stickers. These are helpful to jot down information in a call-out sticker.
- Alphabet Black Sticker Pack – This 6 sheet sticker pack is filled with several alphabet sticker layouts. They blend well with just about any layout and add some personality.
I am happy with the Kate Spade planner and the ability to customize it with various products from the Happy Planner™ line and Erin Condren line. Though, after having the experience of using various planner products, I am looking forward to the Erin Condren 2017 planners. It will be exciting to see all the options from each company this summer.
Update: The Erin Condren planners are arriving on June 1st! I am so excited to see the selection and the possibilities of a new planner.
***This post is merely my opinion, and Kate Spade, Happy Planner nor Erin Condren have endorse this post. I have listed a referral link to Erin Condren below:
You’ll receive a discount in the shop, and I’ll receive a discount as well. Gives you a chance to try something new, and we can be organized together!